Laser dentistry can help treat many issues related to the gums. Those include:
- Canker sore and cold sore pain treatments.
- Treating root canal infections.
- Treating gum disease.
- Removing gum inflammation.
- Gum reshaping.
- Exposing erupting teeth.
- Removing throat tissue that causes sleep apnea.
- Regenerating damaged nerves.
- Removing benign oral tumours.
There are many benefits to using laser dentistry which can make the procedures go more smoothly and help reduce discomfort and healing time. These benefits include:
- Patients are less likely to require sutures.
- Anesthesia may not be necessary.
- The laser will sterilize the gums, making infection less likely.
- Less damage to gums shortens the healing time.
- Patients lose less blood than traditional surgery.